Monday, June 26, 2006

5 Thinker Questions

Queen Kimananda of Memes sent me 5 personalized questions to answer. If you'd like me to ask you 5 questions, just say 'interview me' in the comments. =)

1. It is clear from the things you write that your faith is very important to you. Have you always felt the same sense of religious conviction, or if not, then how has your religiousness changed over time?

Yes, Christianity is important to me, but it’s more accurate to say that I am very important to God. I say that because, despite my many wanderings over the years, I am always drawn back again and again to a constant, loving God. I feel this pull whether I want to or not. In this way, I have always believed in God, but now that I am more grown, I more clearly see His mercy in light of my ever-wandering heart.

2. You can plan exactly where you will be in 10 years, in only one area of your life (e.g. career, home life, creative life, etc.). Please say which area you are choosing, and give some details of where you will be in 10 years in that area.

I will take home life for 500, Alex.

10 years. That would make me 33. At age 33, I plan to be well established in my own home. It will be a small but tasteful 2-story house with large windows to let in the sun. Each room will be decorated with bold but classy colors, filled with all kinds of knick knacks that I found on the cheap. I will be married to a affectionate, goofy, and stubborn man (Jason, think BIG diamond, please). By then we will have at least one child – a boy. The boy will need someone to beat up, so we’ll be working on our second child – a girl. Every day my husband and I will wake up to each other’s bed hair, dragon breath, and laughter.

3. You are given a week-long all-expenses paid holiday, of any type that you choose (such as adventure, romantic, big-city, etc.). What type of holiday would you choose and why?

Travel questions have always been the hardest for me to answer 1) Because geography is my worst subject and 2) Because I’m a domestic homemaker at heart. However, I will do my best.

Well, I know what I don’t like. No beaches. No big cities. No carnies. And NO mosquitoes.

So…take me to Austria in the spring, please. The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies/musicals and I would count myself an angel in heaven if I could lay my eyes on the green grass and rolling hills of Austria.

Oh, and please hire a personal masseuse. The hills are alive with the sound of “Ahhhhhhh…”!

4. You clearly love food, but is there one food you truly love above all others? If so, tell us about it. If not, why not?

FOOD FOOD GIMME MORE FOOD! You know, last week, I was hungry and I sliced my finger open on the aluminum foil cutter. But since I was hungry, I just held my finger up so I could finish preparing my supper. Only when I was full did I pay attention to my finger and stop the bleeding.

Anyway…

Yes, food. For the entrée, give me Indian. No one makes meat or cream sauce like Indians. I now buy frozen Indian entrees so I can eat it all the time.

Dessert? Greek, please. Gyros are good in themselves, but baklava? Ooooo…that is love in a pastry.

5. What has been the best part of your past so far, and what made that time in your life special? Please note: of course the present is always the best, but please focus on the past.

Um, I would say the best part of my immediate past was when I painted Jason’s toenails while he was sleeping last night…

As for my past-past, the best part of my young life was the 2 weeks I spent at a camp at Purdue University every summer for 4 summers. Life was VERY hard and painful at that time, and for 2 weeks every year, I could forget the pain and live the life I always wanted. For 2 weeks, I was beautiful, wanted, and popular. For 2 weeks, I had wonderful friends. For 2 weeks I was happy and free. I’ll never forget those times.

1 Comments:

Blogger kimananda said...

Love in a pastry...I like that image.

These are great answers! :-)

11:58 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home