Monday, June 05, 2006

Okay okay, I'm back!

Real friends kick me in the ass when I disappear.

You guys are real friends. (Seriously. So much for a quiet hiatus.)

I apologize for not updating sooner. Last week was a bit of a drama, and dramas are always long and hard to explain. Hence the hiatus.

Last Monday, I put up a few notices around the house, complaining of the awful conditions. The next day, as I was sleeping in my room, my male landlord barged into my room TWICE, barking at me and cussing me out. The second time, he raged beside my bed (mind you, I was still trying to wake up to figure out what the hell was going on), crumpled up my notices in his fist, threw them at my head, and told me to ‘get the fuck out’.

Needless to say, the rest of the night was no less dramatic. My bestfriend and his friend rushed over to be with me, as I was quite shaken. Jason, who was working an hour away, fled out of work, rushed home, grabbed a gun, and was at my front doorstep in record time.

In the mean time, my landlord managed to sneak out of the house to avoid confrontation. A cowardly beast. That was 6 days ago, and he hasn’t been home since (he and the other landlord live in the mansion with me, along with 5 other tenants).

The next day, my future housemate’s dad tried to disown her if she tried to move out. (We’re scheduled to move out on the 17th.) The other housemate and I rushed to be by her side, trying to console her and support her as much as possible. The possibility of all our future house plans falling apart loomed ahead.

The day after, I was verbally attacked online by a group of drunk college boys. Don’t ask, it’s a long story, and it was my fault for not leaving the conversation…but they said some pretty vile things, and I was pretty distraught.

Coming right on the heels of that conversation, my roommate chewed me out for half an hour. I had tried to share Jesus with one of the college boys a few weeks before, and apparently he had relayed that conversation to Rachel, because she came storming into my room, rallying about “what a shitty thing” I did by mentioning Jesus to a Jew. I could not believe she was attacking me on a conversation that was never even meant for her, let alone my good intentions. But she continued to tear me apart, conjuring up a whole history of Jewish oppression and Jewish rights.

Oy vey. By the time the week was over, I was emotionally drained. I spent the weekend with Jason - sleeping, eating, and sleeping some more.

I’m sure you’re wondering what became of all that, so here’s the update:

My landlord, as I said, is a coward and hasn’t been home since the incident. He knows he violated a ton of my rights. What he doesn’t know is that I am fully aware that he is guilty of 12 years of tax evasion…enough to throw his ass in jail. I don’t care to ever see him again, but if he tries anything funny, the only thing he’ll ever see is bars.

My housemate is still going to move out, despite her bastard father. She’s decided to try counseling to resolve her deep-seated family issues, and I offered my own counselor.

I am totally over everything those boys said to me. One of them tried to AIM me the next morning. That box was X’d.

Rachel and I are still friends. I have my own reservations towards her, but I recognize a good friend when I see one.

Move-out day is still scheduled for June 17. That day cannot come soon enough. In the mean time, I have begun to pack and look for furniture. It’s my small way of sticking it to the man.

And yes, dear emerald, my birthday is coming up on the 18th. Wanna party? =)

7 Comments:

Blogger PG said...

...and mine is coming up on the 10th.
yes, we should party. :-)

ps... were you guys joking about the gun part????

3:45 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Jason's the most non-serious person I know, but when it comes to guns, he does not joke. In fact, the gun he brought was his 'throw away' gun = not registered = shooting someone = no way to catch him.

Yes, Jason was just a tad pissed. I'd say...blinded with rage.

It's your birthday too?! What are you turning? 25?

4:03 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

Yikes, a girl goes away for a bit, and look what trouble you go and get yourself into! It sounds traumatic...but you'll be fine. I'll be crossing my fingers that the 17th arrives super quick!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Fated said...

Wow now that IS drama!

Be safe over the next couple of weeks

I hope the drama is able to tone down a bit

8:01 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

My birthday's on the 17th. Any chance you can make it to the Big Apple for a night out on the town? I'm looking at the big 3-Oh.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

My husband is like Jason. He knows about guns and how to use them. He also is pretty handy with a lead pipe. Such a peaceful man normally but if someone barged into my room or my daughter's room that way then he would probably reacted like Jason did. We don't have guns in the house now because we decided that it would be too hard to teach M-Boy about gun safety until he was much older. So we never brought them back in. Fine with me. They scare me.

I want PICTURES of this birthday party. Like those drunk ones already posted ;)

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

2:37 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home