Friday, June 16, 2006

On the road again!

You’ll hear me say I’m a real Susie Homemaker a lot, and it’s true. For example, I’d like to stay in the same place, dig my roots in, and grow old on a rocking chair until my boobs sag to the ground.

That’s why it’s ironic that I’ve never stayed in the same place for very long- ever. Before college, I moved to 3 different houses and 6 different schools. Once college started, I’d leave for 9 months, come back for 3, then leave – to another place on campus. Then I graduated, moved back home for 6 months, and moved somewhere else in the city. One year later, I’m moving again. How many moves is that? 6? 9? 25? I’ve lost count. Frankly, if I’m not moving out of a place after a year’s stay, something’s wrong.

(I know you want to know why, and the answer is…so do I. We always had a reason, and every time, the reason seemed legitimate.)

So here I go again! As High Queen Domestic Planner, I started packing around Mother’s Day. Then when Kevin the Coward, my bastard landlord, pulled that bullshit stunt on me, I started packing even more diligently – my way of sticking it to the man.

Now it’s countdown time and I could not be more excited. My walls and drawers are stripped bare, so that my room resembles more of a warehouse than it does a bedroom. We’ve already started to move boxes into the new place. Yesterday I helped Chenney move her bed up two flights of stairs. Our faces were smashed against walls, pushing and pulling and huffing and puffing; we collapsed onto the floor in hysterics.

I may not be online until next week. Not only do I have to move, I have about 10 private sellers I must visit across the city to pick up various pieces of furniture. But when I do get back, it’ll be from my new, 2 floor, 4 bedroom apartment! Whoppee!


4 Comments:

Blogger kimananda said...

Good luck with the move! :-)

4:31 AM  
Blogger Chipper said...

Hope the moves goes well! (I always moved in college each year too--it just seemed more fun to keep trying out new places each year)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy 23rd Birthday tomorrow!!! :-)

7:24 PM  
Blogger PG said...

And apparently when you get back it will be from an older perspective!!!
Happy Birthday, punk!
;p

6:46 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home