Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm 23 and home!


Funny how hour upon hours of lifting, loading, unloading, and unpacking will make the weekend fly by. I nearly forgot it was my birthday!

But thanks to you all, I have remembered. I am 23 and it feels good.

The new apartment is starting to come together. I loved placing items in their own respective nook and cranny. I don’t care how nerdy that is. I can finally call a place home.

Last night Jason kept hopping on my bed, chanting “I know something you don’t know, I know something you don’t know!” I figured it out hours later, when Chenney and Heather walked into my room with a little chocolate cake and lit candles, singing “Happy Birthday”. I don’t need a lot to make me happy, and that was all I needed for a truly happy birthday.

After we sang and dug into the cake with forks, I asked Jason, “So was that what you knew that I didn’t?”

He said, “Yes. But I still know a lot of things that you don’t know.”

What a smartass.

4 Comments:

Blogger kimananda said...

Happy belated birthday!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Chipper said...

Mmmm...a secret that entails chocolate cake...now that's a great secret. Hope you had a great birthday!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Fated said...

Happy Birthday!!!

1:17 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home