Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I need more money.

If the last post were an experiment, then Scientist Leslie would have concluded that decisions are dependant on the gender of the decision-maker. All of the men I asked said “Buy the Powerbook.” All of the women said “Buy the kitten.” I might as well have been deciding between a Phillips box of tools and a Celine Dion concert. (As with all studies, I had two outliers, with Emerald and Angel vouching for the Powerbook and Nikky decreeing the Foosball table. Poor foosball table…only one vote.)

Jason, who ALWAYS manages to throw a wrench into my decisions just when I have things figured out, suggested – nay, vehemently insisted – on option D.) Save my money.

This – coming from the man who doesn’t value the dollar sign unless it has at least two zeros behind it.

His reasons? Because. Because because because. That’s it. (Why not foosball table? Because. Why not Powerbook? Because. Why not kitten? Because.)

When I kept pressing, he replied “Fine, get the Powerbook.” That’s when I decided for the kitten. (See? Girl = kitten, Boy = Powerbook.)

He protested that one too, listing a slew of reasons, with the cutest one being “Besides, if you get a cat, you’ll have to spend time taking care of it and then you won’t have time to come see me.”

That was enough to delay me for a while, and after a pause, he said, “So…my toenails are still pink.” **

What, I replied innocently. I just wanted us to match.



**I painted Jason's toenails a pinkish orange while he slept the night before last. Teehee...must do again!

3 Comments:

Blogger PG said...

lol
you crack me up. Seriously.
And now I must go through the REST of the day being thought of as...as.. sniff sniff... an OUTLIER. Sigh.
Will these marketing terms from Grad school never EVER leave my life for good??
;)

ps
When, indeed, will you be heading my way??? I told you I will be your tour guide!!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Chipper said...

Ok, saving the money is the best bet going. I think the orange-pink polish is hysterical! I did that to a friend of mine in college and he had nevr heard of polish remover, so he spent days trying to chip it off. Tee-hee!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

I voted for the computer, too.

5:39 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home