Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Weeeeeee

I thought it'd be appropriate to post some very old but still oh-so-fun pictures of myself. Three years ago, when digital cameras were THE new cool gadget to own, my friend and I decided to have a little fun with my new camera. Here's some of what we came up with.


Sunday was Jason and my 9 month anniversary. I used to make a big hullaballoo about each and every monthly anniversary. I never expected to ever seriously date ANYONE, so any excuse seemed like a good excuse for a celebration. Plus, Jason and I started off as such opposites that every monthly milestone seemed like a collosal achievement. So can ya really blame a girl for wantin' a little special lovin' each month? But with his "do we have to celebrate each one?" attitude, we've compromised and agreed not to do anything TOO special again until the 1-year mark. I'm okay with that now that I've succumbed to the reality that I AM dating and this guy is not going anywhere for a while. (All fun times, right honey?) SO...Sunday we didn't hang out, but he did send me a flower by way of his mother. Fine with me. He has cooties, anyway.

I DID get to go out Sunday night, though, and it was a blast. Jason's mother, Bev and his Aunt Cheryl picked me up to go see the musical Phantom of the Opera downtown. I'd seen the musical before, but common sense tells you that you don't turn down a paid-for $70 ticket to score even more brownie points with your man's mother. So off we went, and we had a glorious time. The musical was even more spectular and moving than I had remembered. As a great lover of music, writing, and a long-time piano player, I wanted to jump onto stage with the actors. Oh I just love that stuff. I went to Broadway last year and sat front row for Rent and Avenue Q. The first was incredible in terms of voice and acting talent. The second, I nearly peed my pants laughing. I've been adequately warned by Bev that her husband passed the "I don't care for anything that doesn't have a bullet or say MAN all over it" gene to his sons, but I'm gonna work on that. If I could get Jason to love and wear a purple shirt, I can get him to like musicals...maybe.

I had a job interview at an ad agency this morning! Oh 'twas a smashing success. I'm going in for a long round of second interviews on Thursday. I know I can't say if I have the job yet, but I suspect it's in the bag. After all, the director told me this morning that he called me to interview because, of all his candidates, my work showed the most potential. Yer damn skippy it does! I'll let you know what happens on Thursday.

Did I mention my mother is flying the whole family to Houston for Christmas? Being a natural Susie Homemaker, I can't say I care for the labours of traveling (which makes it ironic that I've traveled so much), but 70 degrees and sunny? Hot diggity dog, I'm there! I also get to see lots of my favorite relatives...but 70 degrees and sunny! Weeee! I think the worst part about winter is not being able to enjoy the outdoors nearly as much. It'll be a little weird to be walking around outside in nothing more than pants and a shirt on Christmas, but weird is a good thing. A very warm, very sunny good thing.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Yeah, clothes are overrated. But, I have this big bad ex-German border guard coat thing that keeps me warm even when it drops into the single-digit Kelvin range. Imagine that job...border guard. Just standing in the snow with a gun for 8 hours. Hm. Oh well, we unified the place and sold off chunks of concrete that were supposedly the Berlin Wall, and I got the coat.

8:14 AM  
Blogger beckalippy said...

Les!
Darling you have a great style in writing! I think I may become addicted to your blogs!
Your Chilean buddy from N.J.

10:49 AM  
Blogger PG said...

oh yes! Scoring brownie points with your man's mother is of THE utmost imortance, my friend!

Glad you got my card!
I'm thrilled! ;)
And good luck on the follow-up interviews! Go get 'em tiger!

4:50 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

you look so cute in that bottom picture. im a lucky guy.

9:57 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

lol, sneakin' onto my account through you computer, eh baby? =)

i love you too, honey.

P.S. yes you ARE a lucky guy. and don't you forget it! ;)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you look sooo happy in these piccies. A real delight!

Just popping by to say Happy Christmas! Have a good one. It seems odd to think that on the East coast it may be freezing and snowy but you'll be lapping up the sunshine - in the same country!!

8:04 PM  
Blogger elvira black said...

Leslie, those pix are adorable!

I sympathize about the anniversary. I met BG on Halloween (his birthday) and so of course I have to spend the day catering to him like a big kid, and our anniversary goes by the wayside completely. Oh well.

That is so awesome about your interviews! I have to catch up a bit, because I didn't know you were applying with ad agencies, but that sounds wonderful--and possibly very lucrative! And ad copywriting IS very creative work, even if it's for the Man.. So cool!

I guess you must be in Houston by this time, so just want to wish you a very merry Christmas!

11:22 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home