Saturday, December 10, 2005

Because I Can.


Jason's working and I have some time to kill. I've already cleaned the living room and the kitchen, so I figure a little blog time is in order. When I cleaned out his room several months ago, I found a pile of disks stashed away in the top dresser drawer. Among the old pictures I found this: Why is this old picture significant? Because Jason NEVER fully smiles. Not like that. He's insecure about his teeth so the most I ever get is a half-hearted grin that disappears within seconds. Forget about trying to get him to smile in pictures. So I live for the moments when he laughs...those moments when self-consciousness doesn't hold him back...when his eyes sparkle and his whole face lights up in a grand smile. And now I have a picture of it! Oh happy day! (Granted he was probably high and/or drunk when this picture was taken, but let's not dwell on the details.)

I rarely have the chance to post pictures because they're all stored on Jason's laptop, so here are some more. Enjoy!
Me with a moo malt at the Ohio Renaissance Festival
My friend Dave and I at my cousin's wedding in San Francisco
My sister Jen and I sitting on an electrocution chair in a wax museum
Me standing close to the SF bridge on a REALLY RIDICULOUSLY windy day
Me and Kahlan, age 3

My badass gothic self on Halloween

10 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

How do I keep being the first to comment?

Well. Love the pics! Finally know what you and your honey look like! How fun!

Love the goth pic! Good stuff! :)

6:36 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

I want your boobs.

9:28 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

Hey, that's my bridge! :-) And you've got yourself a cute boy...but you knew that already, didn't you?

4:48 PM  
Blogger PG said...

I love, love, looooove the look on your face in the first picture... I assume those are your parents... maybe not, but... having kept up on all of your writings in your blog, I see that shot and I think it is so priceless.
It's perfect, it really is.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

Hi Leslie! Those are adorable pictures. I wanted to let you know that I am addicted to sweet potato fries now because of you. I like them crispy, not soggy.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

You look more like a geisha having a bad day than a goth chick.

1:51 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Becky, just so you know, I have no idea where I got these boobs. Besides, to this day I swear the mirror and the camera makes my boobs look WAY bigger than they really are. I used to resent my boobs because I couldn't fit into a lot of clothing, but now I don't mind them so much. They make me look like I have curves (which I don't.)

Kitty, yes those are my parents, you're so keen, lol.

Daphne, aren't those sweet potato fries SO FRICKIN' GOOD?! I had some today AND yesterday. I can't believe I actually inspired you to try them. Did I really?! I'm so honored.

Sam, do I really look like a geisha? That's sort of sad. I really do enjoy being a dark goth chick. It's empowering.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Holy crapoly! You're cuter than I was led to believe. And Jason looks sorta like what I expected. [begin bad kung fu movie dubbing face] Now that my competition has a face, I know not whether he can be defeated! [end face]

:)

5:16 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Yeah I think you look like a pissed off geisha who was interputed in the middle of makeup application routine. I'm not sure that white faced goth look works for anyone but already pasty faced white people. Although I did see the movie "King Solomon's Mines" with Patrick Swayze that had an African witch doctor/shamaness who had white makeup on her face with very black lipstick. She was creepy. The accent and various dried animal bits in her costume helped with the creep out effect too.

2:31 PM  
Blogger elvira black said...

Gee, I thought I'd commented on this post ---lol.

Just wanted to say, beautiful pix!

9:22 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home