Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hi-Ho! Hi-Ho!

It's off to work I go tomorrow!

It has almost been 6 months since I have sat behind a desk. I am not looking forward to getting up early, lack of afternoon naps, or holding in my gas. However, I think it is a fair trade for good company, a great job, and a steady paycheck.

I feel like I'm getting ready for my first day of school. This past week I went "school shopping" and bought new clothes, new heels, lunch food, a lunch tote, and new make-up. I have already packed my lunch, laid out my outfit, and packed a huge bag to the brim with stuff to decorate my cubicle.

Everyone keeps asking if I'm excited. Honestly, I'm feeling a bit apprehensive, if anything. You know, that feeling you get when you get back onto the yellow schoolbus after summer vacation? I'm sure I'll feel better once I get acquainted with my co-workers, my job, and most importantly, the location of the kitchen.

Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger Beckalicious said...

GOOD LUCK!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

good luck! You know, I never realized that working at home means not having to hold in gas. Hmmph, just one more perk I didn't know ;)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Chipper said...

Best wishes on a good first day at school. May you make many new friends, may someone share their cupcake with you and may your desk chair be ultra comfy! ;-)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck - have a GREAT day and a wonderful start to your new life. And if it's crap, just remember you can make a wonderful blog out of it. :-) Looking forward to hearing your news! :-)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

best of luck sweets.

I know how hard it is to get readjusted at a new place...at least you don't seem shy

4:22 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home