Friday, May 12, 2006

This post brought to you by the letter 'J'

Thanks to Kimananda for her always uber-fun posts and graciously passing the baton to me by bestowing upon me the letter 'J'. I absolutely love this letter. So without further ado, here are 10 words that start with the letter 'J' and what it means to me. (If you want to also play, comment on this post and ask for a letter!)
  1. Jesus. My Savior. The one who died for me so that I could have hope of eternal life. My healer, my comforter, my unconditional lover. You make me worthy.
  2. Jason. 1 year and 2 months, but who's counting? :) Your unsurpassing love for me is a new gift to me every day.
  3. John. The book in the Bible that Jason and I are currently reading through together. We read a chapter each night, discuss it, and pray while holding hands. This is a new ritual for us, and it is bringing our relationship to a new level.
  4. Journal. On paper or online, in my head or in a conversation...I believe that life should be recorded and preserved, held closely to our bosom in fond memory and shared with the ones we love. I have been writing in journals since I was 10. I have never traveled anywhere without a journal. I now have about 17 paper journals and I just love writing on this lovely blog.
  5. Joy. What is life if it doesn't have joy? I recently attended a women's faith conference with my mom, and the theme was Contagious Joy. If anyone had contagious joy, it was those women, singing and dancing and laughing no matter what the circumstances of their lives. People these days walk around with no joy. Is it so hard to smile? C'mon, people, let's laugh, let's dance, let's sing for joy because God is good, all the time.
  6. Jellyfish. I looove a jellyfish cold dish. The crunch, the vinegar, the sweet revenge of eating what stung me when I was 8 years old. Oh sweet, sweet revenge!
  7. Jurassic Park. I've probably seen this movie more times than any other. I can tell because now I can't watch it without saying the lines before they are said. I still remember watching it for the first time in the theatre...and crawling under my seat.
  8. Jade. Being Chinese, I have respect for the cool, mysteriously green jade stone. Jade is the prized stone of the Chinese people, and every one of them has jewelry made out of jade. I don't wear Jade (nothing personal, it's just not readily available in the U.S.), but every time I see it, I think of my people.
  9. John-Jacob-Jingleheimer-Smith. One of the many songs I used to croon as a kid. Being a kid was so much fun, and every now and again I remember the title of a show or song I used to be obsessed with, and I scold myself for ever forgetting it in the first place.
  10. Jeezal-peez. Probably one of the first repetitive sayings I ever developed, and I doubt it'll ever leave me. It's right up there with "Lord have mercy!" and "I know, right?"

11 Comments:

Blogger mollie said...

i love this post. j was the perfect letter for you : )

10:55 PM  
Blogger Chipper said...

What a fun meme! I still sing #9 to my God children. ;-)

11:25 AM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Mollie, to you I dub thee the letter 'B'!

Etchen, I bestow upon you the lovely letter 'P'!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

I'll play.

4:29 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Beck, you receive the beautiful letter 'M'!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

OMG... so weird you should say that because as I was scrubbing the stove, I thought,"I hope I get the letter M." OOOOOHHHH. EERIE. Off I go. Ten things, right?

8:41 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

Is is too late for me to play?

9:11 AM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Daphne, it is never too late! I beseech you partake in the letter 'C'!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

9:44 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home