Friday, May 12, 2006

Can you feel me now?

Numbness is a really weird sensation. The shot of anethesia sucks, but then the tingliness sets in and you start poking yourself, all the while totally amused that you can't feel what you're touching.

I went to the dentist today. I had to get a filling replaced and get a biopsy done on this odd growth beneath my tongue. Two operations means twice the anesthesia, and when the doctor asked me, "Can you feel your lip tingling?", I said, Uh, I don't feel anything.

They said the numbness would wear off after about 2 hours, but 2 hours later I still can't feel the entire right side of my face and my jaw is getting sore from holding itself at weird angles without knowing it.

Like I said, the sensation of numbness can be cool. I've poked my chin, tugged on my ear, and scratched my tongue, just to see if I could feel anything. (I can't.) But now the amusement has worn off, and I'm hungry.

If you know me at all, you'd know that nothing short of death could stop me from eating. (Don't ever ask me to choose between food and you, because, well...I'd hesitate.) So I was eating a huge bowl of cereal, when I realized that I was chewing something that I didn't remember pouring into the bowl.

It took me 5 seconds to realize I'm chewing my lip. It took me 5 more seconds to realize that I might be chomping more than chewing. And 5 seconds after that, I looked into the mirror and discovered the bloody pulp I'd turned my lip into.

Nice.

So now I have 2 weeks of cancer sores to look forward to. But hey, at least I can't feel it right now!

(And to answer your question, Yes. I finished the cereal.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

9:44 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home