Friday, October 07, 2005

Psycho Series 1



She said I could sit anywhere I wanted. I chose the couch. I like my space...and the open choice to fling myself dramatically across a soft cushion if the need arises.

"Do you have any questions before we start?"

Yes. I set out a small to-go cup of peaches on the little table between the bowl of gumdrops and the bowl of jollyranchers. Can I eat?

We settled in. I told her why I was there, as best as I could summarize.

"Any homicidal tendencies? Are you a possible danger to yourself or others?"

I stared at her.

"Okay no," she jotted on her pad, "Except occassionally toward her mother..."

I smiled. We talked.
She set an even pace and, instead of the slow neutral nods of so many other therapists, she reacted to what I said. This was good.

"Do you have any questions before we end today?"

Yes. Can you help me?

She smiled. "Yes."

Next session is next Thursday morning. We will choose the best type of mental therapy. We will set goals. We will discuss how much flatulence is too much and how to patent the boyfriend buttcork.

7 Comments:

Blogger Daphnewood said...

that sounds like it went well! wow, that is so rare for a first time visit. Do you feel positive about it? Like it will help?

and I wanted to say, you do seem to have a very gassy boyfriend. more than the usual;)

3:07 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Yeah Daphne, it went very well! I try not to get my hopes too high for this sort of thing (that way you don't feel too badly if it doesn't work out), but I have a good feeling about my counselor. I really think I'll walk away a changed person.

LOL, it WOULD seem that Jason's intestines are extra fiesty, wouldn't it? Truthfully, he's probably as normal as the next man (which I realize isn't saying much), but he likes to flaunt his gas a lot more. I strike back by showcasing it to the world. The pen is mightier than the ass!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

Oh, good! I was SO hoping it would be a good experience for you.

Can I get a fellow-blogger discount on the buttcork? (:

4:29 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Becky, if the buttcork ever makes it through legal, you will be the FIRST to own the Boyfriend Buttcork! (Licensed and used often by associates of Leslie, Inc.)

4:34 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

HAHA! And I would totally do it too! We could finish each other's psycho sentences. HA!

8:02 PM  
Blogger KjerstenGreg said...

Sounds like a very positive experience! I'm so glad, it sounds like you found a good therapist!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fantastic - give it time and stick with it when the going gets tough. Hi ho happy ending. :-)

12:59 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home