Wednesday, September 14, 2005

An Update and Thanks

Thanks to all the women who wrote and encouraged me after my post the other night. Your empathy and compassion was truly touching and inspired me to look forward, not back. You are in my thoughts as well.

Jason apologized almost immediately after what he said. We're still working on his habit of putting his foot in his mouth, but he's become quite adept at taking it out. =)

After my entire family wrote me seperate emails to scold me, my mother wrote another condescending email that I chose not to read. They are who they are, and though I cannot control them, I can control how I handle them. I have decided not to talk to my family for a while, as long as it takes to get my emotions back in order.

Last night I experienced a stroke of grace. My suitemate invited me to have dinner with her and her date. His job? Health insurance. I immediately explained what happened. He agreed that, although the doctor did not do anything illegal, his actions were way outside the bounds of human decency. He recommended a few actions, and even referred me to another respectable orthopedic practice.

Thanks again to the ladies. I'll get through this!

3 Comments:

Blogger mollie said...

thats the smartest thing i've learned about dealing with my family (friends, coworkers, etc).

you cannot control them or how they act or what their priorities and values are - but you CAN (try) to control how you react to them.

growing up sucks, huh? ; )

4:35 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Growing up does really suck sometimes. Guess that's why they call it growing pains, eh?

Ironically, it was my mother who always told me that I could not control other people, but I could control my reaction. Who knew I'd have to exercise that with her more than anyone? =)

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info canon digital slr photo camera Ronaldiniho football skills Chevrolet tahoe carpeting Russia gay teen xxx sun memory 4x72 simm fp slim box cam 1.3 pixels digital camera Tricks slot machines Femdom submissive males kid cam digital camera dentist glendale avenue phoenix delta+dental+ins Diazepam property allergies mercury digital cameras free information Volvo s70 stereo speakers 01 land rover discovery

7:46 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home