Monday, September 18, 2006

Zinzinnati's Oktoberfest

Are Germans really beefy people? I mean really, how could they possibly be skinny with all the starch they eat?

Last night I walked through Oktoberfest. It was fun for the experience, but wow, they don't deviate much from the starch when it comes to food, do they? Their drink (beer) is starch. Their vegetable (corn) is the starchiest of all vegetables. Their dessert (cream puffs, cream cheesecake)...well okay that's just fatty.

I settled for roasted sweet corn, a handful of sauerkraut, and some apple streusel. Had a major gas attack afterward, but it was totally worth it.

I think my favorite part was when a homeless man got up and started dancing to an accordian.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daphnewood said...

in Germany they called the beer "liquid bread". Yum???

3:01 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

You forgot to mention the potatoes.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

that sounds like my idea of comfort food. I have to stay away from all that stuff, but it certainly is my favourites.

4:32 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home