Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Leslie: On Love



I know you all are wondering. I've saved this topic for last because it's the most complicated, the hardest to understand, the most painful for me to explain, and the reason why I haven't written you all in so long.

Some of you may already know this (or have guessed it from my writing), but prior to college graduation, life was pretty sheltered and bleak. Childhood is not something I care to remember. College was definitely a breakthrough for me, but my soul was still a bud. It hadn't bloomed.

Then I graduated and almost immediately met Jason. I'd never had a serious relationship before, but the chemistry was there. We had extreme ups and downs and fought the ourselves as well as each other. But I never questioned who I was supposed to be with or who I was.

Up until a few months ago. I'm not sure what happened. Something in me snapped or maybe a switch turned on. But suddenly I looked at myself - young, beautiful, at the peak of her life, finally blossoming - and realized I simply wasn't ready to be in a serious, committed relationship. I fought the feeling for a long time. After all, I loved Jason. He was/is a good man. The best. No one knew me or loved me like he did. That's still the case.

But after a while, I got tired of fighting. It just wasn't fair to Jason...to be with him because I wanted to protect him, because I was scared of letting go, all the while hating myself for feeling this way in the first place.

It's been a very emotional couple months, but I've finally gotten to the place where I'm ready to let go...not for lack of love, but because of it. And for my own sake also...to dip a toe into the unknown, to discover this new me, to meet new people and to settle my mind at peace.

So now here I am...whoever I am. I guess I'll find out, won't I.

Out of deference for Jason, I won't be sharing much more on this topic publicly. However, feel free to email me in private. Your support is so welcome, as always.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chipper said...

My ehart goes out to you in these trying times. Even though I don't know you personally, form what I do know, I think you are an amazing and strong person who will come out of these hard times with even more self assurance and strength than before. *hugs*

2:27 PM  
Blogger Chipper said...

My ehart goes out to you in these trying times. Even though I don't know you personally, form what I do know, I think you are an amazing and strong person who will come out of these hard times with even more self assurance and strength than before. *hugs*

2:28 PM  
Blogger Chipper said...

Forgive my spelling mistake...I meant heart rather than ehart. Oops!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Letting go for love is always so damn hard.

My sympathies

2:48 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

Oh, honey... I'm sorry... and I'm not. I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but in the end, I'm glad you made that decision and seem to be okay with it. Are you happy? Because, really, in the end, that's all that matters.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

Oh, honey... I'm sorry... and I'm not. I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but in the end, I'm glad you made that decision and seem to be okay with it. Are you happy? Because, really, in the end, that's all that matters.

4:52 PM  
Blogger beckalippy said...

Leslie darling,
It seems a lot has been going on in your life... sorry I have been so distant. Thanks for the well wishes you left on my blog, I really appreciate them! My friend told me the other day, "your asian friend that blogs is really funny". And i had to take a moment and think of every asian i know who blogs. But then she descibed one of the blogs and I knew it was you! Anyways, just a quick I love you and I am praying for you!
tu hermana,
Becka

6:07 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I had a much less sheltered life, so I perhaps went thru this a bit early on (14 was when I subconconsciously decided I needed time to be young) but It wasn't until now that I realized that it was a good relationship and he could've been the one, I just wasn't ready for it. Anyway, my point is, just don't forget about Jason. Don't burn your bridges, because you could either end up with a great friend (like I still have from when I was 14) or you could settle down iwth the love of your life. Just remember him somewhere special.

11:20 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home