Thursday, September 21, 2006

Seasonal denial.

Perhaps it's not actually the winter, but it might as well be.

I have not accepted the fact that summer is leaving, let alone gone. Since I only see the world in two seasons - summer or winter - the loss of summer means winter. And I don't like that.

I'm not sure why I'm so averse to winter. I guess I just got so much of it seeped into my bones at Syracuse that I feel I'd be better off if I never felt it again. Four years of collecting your frozen limbs in a place that gets 172 inches of snow per year will do that to you.

I'm in denial. I still sleep naked. I walk around downtown without a jacket. I've been fighting a cold for weeks.

I might just give in this weekend though, and make the summer clothes v. winter clothes switch. And maybe it won't be so bad. I do have a lot of cute winter clothes...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

I HATE the end of summer. It is now so freakin' cold here, I had to buy my winter coat for the year last night, all coats were 40% off, so that rocked.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

I HATE winter, too.

8:07 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home