Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence Day

Did you have a great 4th of July? Did you watch fireworks? Did you create your own?

Apparently it was time for our monthly fight, because Jason and I spent our evening fighting while my friends left to go see fireworks. (It was just as well, since Jason said he finds fireworks as mundane as I find golf video games. My reply: How could anyone find fireworks to be THAT boring?)

He said I was manipulative and controlling. I said he was insensitive and dense. It was quite the classic male v. female fight. It lasted most of the evening and I’m not sure we got anywhere. However, Jason always says that, despite our fighting, the difference between us and other couples is that we always make up.

I guess he’s right. We were angry at each other for the entire evening, but as soon as I laid my head onto the pillow to sleep, he propped his head up on his hand and looked at me in the dark. I squeezed his nose, he squeezed mine, and it was over.

Maybe that’s what Independence Day is all about – the freedom to choose to be dependant on someone else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daphnewood said...

maybe my definition of fight is different than yours. Did you want to slug him? dump him to the curbside? shave his head while he slept? That is when I know I am having a fight with the hubby. Everything else is just minor irritation of him not clearly seeing the way the world truly works ;)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I agree with daphne....when I'm fighting with M it's because I want to kill him, leave him and find the madam that got in between us and kill her too..

4:19 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home