Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A drama-free intermission

*We now interrupt this programming with some live updates.*

I have eaten chocolate cake for breakfast for two days straight. This is what my body wanted and this is what I gave it. Speaking of good decisions,...

I have decided to cut my hair. You all were right; it'll grow back. Besides, I'm sick of being confused with lollipop-lickin' 17 year olds. I'm thinkin' 6 inches off, at least. My appointment is on Friday. It'll be great. A biblical symbol of change, because...

I got the job! Oh yes, I nabbed it last Thursday and accepted it yesterday. I asked for time off to relax, so I start in 2 weeks. As of May 15th, I will be a Junior Copywriter for a burgeoning advertising agency in downtown Cincinnati. The pay's not about to qualify me for early retirement, but I love the people, I love their work, and they're going to let me freelance on the side so I can make extra $$ and keep my clients. This couldn't come at a better time, since...

I'm still $1400 in the hole. BUT, Jason called the boy's father yesterday, and it turns out that he never cashed in the check. The guy said that he's going to mail the check back to me this week! The good news is that even if he never does, I can still sign a few papers and get my money back within 10 days. Thank the Lord, praise Jesus! Speaking of Him,...

They say that when you can't pray, praise. As I drove around running errands yesterday, the first car I drove behind had a license that said 'PRYZ HIM'. If that isn't a divine message, I don't know what is. So I did. I put on my best worship CD and sang the whole ride through.

And because God is so good, I can now move out of my current mansion that smells of cat pee and curtain dust and into a 3-bedroom house with my new friends, Chenney and Heather. We have been looking at places for a month now, and we're so close. We will probably decide by next week, so look for all the '!!!!' in a week because this Suzie Homemaker cannot WAIT until she starts buying furniture and decorating. My sister is buying my a kitten for my birthday that is coming up, so Little Buffalo, here I come!

*We now return to your regular programming*

4 Comments:

Blogger Beckalicious said...

WOO!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

I am glad you got your dream job. I have a whole lot more questions but for now, I will join you in praising Him.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

OH Less-lee! I am so happy for u!
It's great to hear and I feel like I'm talking with a celebrity. What a glamourous sounding position? And...incidentally I'm slightly jealous as this just happens to be MY dream job as well. How does one attain qualifications for this type of position hmmm?

AHem ... anyway, praise be. I am so ecstatic I'm doing my happy chair dance, special for you. u go!

*I agree with shorter hair looking for the most part more grown up too...waiting for pics.

4:21 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

I'm so pleased things are going well for you! :-)

6:45 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home