Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Sun Come Out, Today!

The sun's out and it's warm, which means it is OFFICIALLY spring. Actually, I'd like to think of it as the official precursor to summer. I walked out this morning wearing longsleeves, a sweatshirt, and a coat. (I know, but I'm afraid of the cold.) I ditched the layers as the day went on, and by the afternoon, I'd rolled up my longsleeves and went cruising outside wearing my too-cool-for-school sunglasses with the window down. Ahhh...

I'd like to thank the special women (and man) who helped pull me through last weekend. You know who you are. Thank you thank you thank you. Here's a free coupon to clean your worst room and bake you cookies. (As long as I get a cookie. Okay, two cookies.)

And now, here are some things that I wanted to tell you before I got preoccupied with the eBay nightmare...
  • I turned down an on-camera interview with CNN. Yes, that CNN. (Specifically, the Paula Zahn Show.) And yes, I'm serious. Most of you know that I had/have Scoliosis (among other things), but I don't think I've talked about some of the hell I went through because of it. Well to make a REALLY long story short, my family and I signed up for a very painful, very tedious, very expensive Scoliosis regimen that claimed it could correct my curvature. After two years of throwing my life away for this program, I quit. The man in charge turned out to be a con man and was arrested on 171 counts of insurance fraud. On top of his criminal charges, he also conned a lot of good people out of their money, time, and emotional health.
    Anyway, some producers at CNN were looking for a good story and found the con man's name on the Internet. Through networking, they found MY name. At first the producer interviewed me on the phone, but a week later she asked for an on-camera interview. It was REALLY tough to say no (it's CNN, for Pete's sake), but Jason and my mother both agreed that going on national television as a victim would not be positive for my reputation as a whole. Plus, you never know what bad people the guy could be connected to. So alas, I turned down my 5 seconds of fame.
  • Remember this story? Well, I do. Way back then, I filed a report against Dr. David Greenfield for denying to see me and treating me SO poorly. The Medical Board probably has to turn away reports all the time, but guess what? Today I got a letter from them, telling me that they will send a letter of investigation to the doc, asking him to explain himself for his behavior. All I have to do is sign a release that will allow them to use my name. Sure, why the hell not? I'm not doing this for revenge, I'm doing this because I believe he's a bad doctor and I don't want him to hurt anyone else.
  • Remember this story? Well, I have sad news to report. After that whole fiasco happened, Jeff forgave Alice and Alice promised never to see that guy again. For a while, things seemed normal again. I would see them cuddling on the couch and, while cuddling isn't the same thing as fidelity, well, I just thought...you know. Well, she started cheating again and they are now officially separated and awaiting the right time to get a divorce. It makes me so sad. How can you look into the eyes of your children and do that to them? Jason and I are more concerned for the little girls, who have been flitting back and forth from one grandparents' house to another, sleeping on couches. They're too young to know the difference, but Kahlan, who's 3, is incredibly smart, and it'll be no time and all before she'll start asking questions. For now, everyone's just trying to give them as much stability as possible.
Whew. I could use a good cookie right now. I'll be back...

3 Comments:

Blogger PG said...

Sending cookie love, babe.
Sending cookie love. :-)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

mmmmmm....cookies....Sorry to hear about the little girls. Divorce really sucks. I am glad you are getting validated by the AMA because too many doctors think they are god (trust me, I have met too many) and I think you did the right thing to turn down the interview. The guy has already been arrested. You couldn't do anymore to stop his evil ways by granting an interview.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Gotta cookie for me too?
I can understand both sides to your doctor story for/against the CNN interview. But, I feel, you probably did the right thing. I once turned down my chance on a talk show by invitation (and yes they really are fake and scripted more or less[(lie) heh] I know it's not the same exactly, but why make a spectacle of yourself right?

9:50 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home