Monday, April 03, 2006

Just keep swimming...

My most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has kept up with me and prayed for me through this very bizarre weekend. I mean that. You guys helped pull me through.

After yesterday morning’s fiasco, I went home and wrote to you all. Then I IM’d my best friend of 10 years and, within an hour, I was knocking on his door and he was holding me tight. Ah…thank the Lord for good friends.

Chris sat me on his lap and I ranted and raved about my shitty weekend to him and his roommate, Todd. Oy, that felt good.

We ordered pizza (that ranch pizza is good) and watched an MSNBC segment on homeless youth (random, I know). Somewhere in between, Jason and I started a series of emails which ended with a very loud, very long, but very necessary phone call. I’ve never felt so empowered and so passionate in my life. I deserve to be treated well, damn it.

Todd and Chris started to dance, God luv ‘em, and as they are both computer geeks, you can imagine how hard it was not to laugh while Jason was talking on the other end of the line. In the end, we at least broached the subject of his jealousy and fears and I think we both realized that neither of us was willing to give up the other, despite ourselves.

So here I am, still in one piece, and Jason and I are still trekking along. (You’re right, Daph, it’s not like me to give up, so I haven’t, thank you.) Let’s hope that I will be refunded my money. And when I get my THIRD Powerbook (and I will get it, come hell or high water), I will coddle that thing like my next of kin.

3 Comments:

Blogger kimananda said...

Yea! I was crossing my fingers for you both!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I'm so sorry that I've missed all the goings on, think that I was with you in spirit at least, I always am. Sorry again...glad ot hear things are better though

3:46 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Just read thru your last few posts OMG! Timing is everything as they say, and there is no way you could have known right? I'd have chased them down as well, at first opting not to believe the likely story that he passed on. However, it seems it was indeed the case, however unlikely, and I'm not sure there is a sensitive way to go about chasing money after death. That's just how it is. I speak from personal experience...the bill collectors will still call after someone dies...you should try to think of it as if you were the utilities company trying to get their payment, cold? yes..impersonal? definately, but it's the bare facts of the matter. Sorry that the young man died at our age, but really, is that your problem? I too have some sorrow in my heart for him tho, and I understand why you were so sad...I was the same way when my parents and grandparents died...empty and for a stranger, (my bf's father whom I'd met 3 times ever) I was a mess. I think it had to do with the sorrow other people around me felt....everyone was crying at the friend's father's funeral and they had two young boys, twins, 12 years old who hadn't even seen a pet wither and die yet, to suddenly lose your father is so sad and I felt for them more than anyone I think.

Glad you are feeling better and I hope you can find it in your heart to give Jason the benefit of the doubt...boys will sadly be boys, and if you can get him talking (I know -- a feat not easily done) about it...maybe you'll find he's more senitive to you than you think, but misunderstanding it from your point of view...that's my thoguht anyway.

4:00 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home