Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wow, you guys are as nerdy as I am.

Apparently my little post about the whole "sequential numbered date" thing unleashed the little nerd in ya'll, because several of you responded by correcting the numbers in some fashion. Do you know what that tells me? That (1) you guys have way too much time on your hands and (2) I love you for that and (3) from now on I am going to be much truer to my nerdy self and will be interspersing my coolness with obnoxiously nerdy posts.

So thank you to all you nerds out there, especially...

Kimananda, who said, "except in Europe, where we'll have to wait until May 4th". True that, Kim. I'm sorry, but us Americans are really egocentric and even when say we're thinking about the globe, we're really just thinking about the U.S. and possibly Canada.

Jeremy, who said, "
Actually, it will happen nine times before 3006. It won't happen again before 2106." Sigh. Jeremy, you will forever be the most unique, eccentric individual I will ever hope to know. Did you actually count that or did you know automatically? Either way, you scare me.

Jeremy again, who came back to me and added, "Tonight--or to be more accurate--after midnight at 2 minutes and 3 seconds past 1am, the official time and date will be-- 01:02:03, 04/05/06. This numerical sequence will not occur again for approximately 1,000 years...Actually, it will be exactly 100 years before it will occur again, which will be April 5, 21O6." See my last comments.

Ben, who said, " i'm still waiting for eleven past eleven and 11 seconds on november eleventh, 2011 when it will be 11/11/11 11:11:11." You would, Ben, you would.

Rowan, who said, " Still, It only works if you leave off the 20-- part of 2006." You're one of those people who start every other sentence with, "Technically speaking...", aren't you babe? :) It's okay, I have a theory that women who are intentionally difficult are better looking. (Why do you think I'm giving you such a hard time?)


I think Daphne was the only one who responded the way I did, which was, " I think that is pretty cool!" Thank you, Daphne. I think you're pretty cool too, for being as nonchalant about this as I am.

By the way, I DID get a cookie. A big fat, chocolate cookie with big chocolate chips and nuts in it from the Panera Bread bakery. I ate it until I was sick and satisfied. Mmmm...sick and satisfied...

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Pierce said...

I just had to know that there are nine numbers from 1 to 9 (2106, 2206, 2306, ...2906). Those are all the 06 years between 2006 and 3006.

By the way, that second message was a Crusade listserv response, not sent just to you. It was in response to Jeff or Krista's message (which I noticed was not signed ... hmm).

I've seen this from three different people, and each one says something different. One said it would never happen again. One said it would be 1000 years. One said it would be 3006. The last two are equivalent, but you can tell that people have modified this as it's gone around.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

dahlink! Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful!

Teehee

Actually, I think I prefer my MIL's phrase here : "u can't expect me to have beauty AND brains!!!" heh

8:48 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

oh and geek and proud of it ;)

8:48 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

well I had to comment AFTER Jeremy and Kimananda and knew I was way out of my league. Somehow, 'wow that is cool' is all I could muster. I get humilated enough by my 13 year old math whiz who just explained to me (in very simpleton tones like I was a child)Einstein's formula E=MC^2. who knew that "C" stood for speed of light?

8:00 AM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

So what about the people who didn't reply at all but secretly stay up until 12:34 to see the clock say that. Or calculate how many dashes have to be added/removed on their digital clock to make the next number and hopes someday to have insomnia so bad that they can see if there is a positive or negative dash amount at the end of the hour. Huh? WHAT ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE?

(Oh, and, what about the ubernerd who likes 7:24 because that's her birthday.)

1:46 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

Hmmm...actually Americans might be egocentric and all, but we Californians actually do come from the center of the universe! Not bragging or anything, just stating the facts!
;-)

12:34 PM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

OMG... Kimanda posted at 12:34! What a co-inky-dink. (:

12:44 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home