Thursday, February 23, 2006

Smart Chocolate.

Someone in Kit Kat headquarters finally got wise. This bag has it all. Kit Kat's dipped not only in milk chocolate, but also dark and white chocolate! Mmmm! And they come in miniature sizes so you can eat more than one without feeling guilty. (In the 8th grade, my idea of heaven was a Kit Kat that ran on for eternity. No lie.) Some other twist-offs, in my opinion, are not so successful... Twix? SO GOOD. Twix with peanut butter? Not so good. It needs caramel, not peanut butter. The peanut butter makes it taste like you're eating a glorified peanut bar. As Mollie succinctly stated, "Mega my ass." From the look of the bag, you'd think these M&M's are the size of your head. The size of your hand, at the very least! But in reality, they're really about 2 mm larger in circumference than the original. "Mega my ass", indeed. These are good. But still not as good as... This. Peanut butter with chocolate inside? Sign me up. The chocolate is gooey, too.

I know it ain't chocolate, but it's awesome enough that it might as well be. This is my ultimate favorite gum. Bubblicious Grape. I could chew this forever. However, some idiot decided that all the new, more glamorous candies need more attention, because this gum is near impossible to find in grocers and convenience stores. I have to ask Jason to pick some up for me at his drive-thru. That's crap.
For sensuous, close-your-eyes-and-melt-away chocolate, skip Hershey's and go straight to Dove's dark chocolate. It's just as good as Godiva and won't break the bank. Plus, each chocolate is wrapped in tin foil that has a cute, clever quip to make you smile.

What's YOUR favorite chocolate or candy?

14 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Pierce said...

I think we have opposite preferences. I absolutely hate caramel, so I would welcome Twix with peanut butter. I don't like white chocolate that much (I've never liked vanilla, which is all it is), and dark chocolate doesn't do as much for me as milk chocolate.

The real key to candy that will thrill me is to mix chocolate and fruity flavors. That's not done very often, except sometimes with cherries. I do like Reese's chocolate and peanut butter combination. It has the right mix. Perhaps the Twix thing doesn't (but I'd prefer it to caramel).

1:55 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

I like the dark chocolate m&ms those were awesome. You should have told me you were reviewing candy. I could tell you everything except sour candies. I don't do sour stuff. yuck!

3:25 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

Ooh, I haven't ever seen the Reese's inside-out before. I know what I'm buying next time I'm in the states! :-)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I love the Dove chocolates with caramel filling. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.
And KitKats
And Twix
And Snickers
And good ol'-fashioned Hershey bars (with almonds)

Sigh, now I need CHOCOLATE!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Concert Josh said...

kit-kat is by far my favorite candy. I almost have at least one in the freezer at home, and one in my desk at work.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Chipper said...

Mmmmmm....did you try the Valentine's day cherry flavored kitkat bars? OMG are the sinful. Mmmmmm....

3:23 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Jeremy - HA! We really do have the most opposite tastes in chocolate! They don't mix chocolate with fruit that often, so I can't think of what particular choc+fruit combo you're thinking of. When I think of fruit mixed with dessert, I think of fruitcake, and that makes me shudder, lol. Did you try the cherry kitkats that etchen suggested? WOW, even I think that sounds good.

3:24 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

daphne - I don't mind sour candies. My pension for sour comes in the form of vinegar...I love the taste of vinegar...in my salad, on my bread, on my pasta...mmmm...what's your favorite candy? I didn't know M&M's came in dark chocolate!

3:25 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Kimananda - Yes, reeses inside outs are delicious. What is the best chocolate candy in Denmark?

Josh - You know, I never knew about freezing candy until someone did it in college. Chocolate? In the freezer? I think I prefer mine in room temp, but I like the idea! (P.S. I freeze grapes in the summer time. They're like little popsicles. MMM!)

3:27 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Etchen - MMMMMM! That sounds so delicious! And to think I missed it. Damn!

3:27 PM  
Blogger The Blind-Winger Jones said...

My favourite Choccy has to be the Yorkie bar, which is made in my hometown.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Sweeti said...

Anything Dark chocolate, But Dove chocolates are the best huh?

10:28 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

Hi again,

The best chocolates outside of special botiques are made by a company named 'Anton Berg'. I especially like their marzipan chocolate, but the rest is good too. The best chocolate of all time is French chocolate Valrhona. Very dark (they say too dark for the American palate, but not for this American palate!).

And as for fruit plus chocolate, as Jeremy suggested, just think chocolate fondue! Yum!!

4:16 AM  
Blogger mothersong said...

I don't much like chocolate ( I know, it's a sacrilege). My favorite candy in the world is turtles, well really the Russell Stover Pecan Clusters because I boycott Nestle. (Real Nestle Turtles are sooo good, though :-( )

After that, white chocolate. I like Zero bars.

11:22 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home