Thursday, February 02, 2006

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Do you have a list of things you want to do before you die?

I do.

Among other things: Hang out naked in public, give birth naturally without medication, dye my hair pink, and conquer a third language.

But there's only one #1. If I could only pick one thing, this is what I would do.

Kick. ass.

Only people who deserve it, of course, including but not restricted to: bratty Beverly Hill girls, narcissistic chauvinistic guys, 99% of all teens, and everyone who's ever cut me off on the road.

I don't know where this itch comes from. I don't come from a violent family and I've never been in a physical fight. Yet every time I see an injustice, every time I watch Jerry Springer, my skin tingles and I want to feel my fist hitting flesh, my foot hitting bone. (Springer, by the way, is incredibly unsatisfying. What is the deal with all the pansy-ass hair pulling and slapping? Just punch them, already! Damn.)

Normally if I really want something that has not yet happened, I'll dream about it. But in this case, that's no good. In my dreams, my legs move as if I'm walking in water. My arms are equally weighed down. Because of that, I've always wondered if I'm capable of packing the perfect punch. And I'm still wondering.

All I need is some random person to call me something awful and then say, "Ya wanna hit me?" I won't even bother to say, "Hell yes."

9 Comments:

Blogger Daphnewood said...

I used to fight on the playground when I was younger. I guess it has something to do with living with so many brothers. I don't think I ever want to be in another fist fight in my life. But you go for it girl. It used to be whoever got in the first punch to the face area (the one who dealt the blow) would win. I am not so sure that is the case anymore.

9:50 AM  
Blogger mothersong said...

Sweetie, go do some kickboxing or go to a real gym and work out with a heavy bag. You'll get the same satisfaction without getting your ass kicked back.

For me, it's all about the sound. When I was younger I used to play raquet ball, because that "TH-wack" of the ball hitting the wall was so good for my frustration level.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

"give birth naturally without medication"

You know a medication free delivery is not all that it's cracked up to be (although I do advise avoiding pitocin like the plague).

I want to fight like Xena and Gabrielle. I don't necessarily want to fight anyone. I just want to gain the skill.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Chipper said...

OMG the past two posts of your just have my side completely in pain and laughng sooo hard. If I called you a penguin hater, does that mean you would kick my ass? Teehee. I think if you ae going to beat the crap out of anyone it has to be the people who pull out in fron of you on the road only to just turn on their blinker to make a turn a minute later. grrrrr....

4:32 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Daphne - You know, I've run into so many women who are natural fighters because of their brothers. That's so unfortunate yet funny. I thought brothers were supposed to protect sisters?! This whole time I planned to have a boy FIRST, then a girl, just so the boy can protect the girl. Are you saying the girl better be born with both fists in the air? ;)

Mothersong - You know, I've thought of that. I bet kickboxing and stuff would feel so good. If only I could get out of bed and off my rump...

Uncle Sam - What's pitocin? And how do you feel about the women who say that childbirth can be a very sensual experience? (i.e. orgasm duing birth)

Etchen - I AM NOT A PENGUIN HATER! *smack smack*

Just kidding. Only love for you, girl.

Seriously though, when I think of kicking ass, I think of those punk teens I ran into years ago that were harrassing a poor store manager. They were saying all sorts of awful things. I saw them again in the parking lot while I was pulling out and I seriously considered running them over.

5:27 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

Well, I used to beat up my brother, sort of. I was never any good at it, and I was quite lucky that he never hit me back. I'd second mothersong's suggestion that you try boxing classes. I've heard they're quite fun, and satisfyingly violent!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I *heart* the Springer show. It's sort of authentically violent (tho limited) and reminds me of just how not messed up I really am. Jerry came to my college some years ago to talk politics, and made a lot of good points. My personal highlights of the event were getting him to sign a dollar bill for me and shaking hands with the man who took TV one step closer to airing a real version of The Running Man and televised executions.

3:10 AM  
Blogger elvira black said...

LOL! Just wanted to say that I think Jerry used to have a lot more of the old ultraviiolence but they had to clean up their act or something. But they do have those "too hot for television" tapes too.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Pitocin is the synthetic version of the hormone that scientists think is part of what triggers labour (nobody knows for sure what does it).The contractions it triggers are much harsher than natural ones. A friend once compared using pitocin to ramming a train into a brick wall and he was a guy.

10:42 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home