Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Fatty Funhouse

Okay, you've got to see something. I've been chuckling to myself all morning so I want to share. Ready?
Look at me.
Now look at me.
Oh man...
Hahahaha!

So why am I showing you these pictures? 'Cuz they're funny? No, they're not funny. (Well, with the exception of the last one.)

See, recently a lot of people have been exclaiming how "small" and "tiny" I am. And for the first time in my life, they're not referring to my height. Even size 2, cute little blondes are saying it...WHILE I'm wearing baggy jeans and a baggy sweatshirt. And every time they say it, I'm always surprised. Me? Small? Tiny?! I turn around to see if they're talking to someone else, but there's no one behind me.

Ever since I hit puberty, I was big. Not medically obese, but never skinny. I never wore a bikini and at one point I was wearing size 14 jeans. I was deeply depressed over it for 5 years, but once I went to college, all that melted away. No, not the fat, but my depression. As a college student, every time I looked in the mirror, I thought I was pretty good looking. I mean, I was realistic enough to realize that I wasn't about to win a wet T-shirt contest, but honestly, there were occasions that I strutted into a room thinking I was hot stuff. And because of that, I was hot stuff. Besides, no one ever told me any different.

Then last spring, I started to mysteriously lose weight. No diet, no exercising, no eating better...I guess my body just decided on its own, because within 6-9 months, I was about 25 lbs lighter. I honestly would have never noticed had it not been for all my pants falling off. And why WOULD I have noticed? I'd been slightly overweight for 10 years. Why would I expect anything to change?

But I did change. Before I knew it, I'd dropped 3 or 4 pants sizes and every shirt I wore was a size Small. And then everyone started to hail me as "tiny". Huh?!

Now before ya'll go rolling your eyes, thinking that this is some subliminal way for me to brag about myself and rub it into the noses of those overweight, hang on a sec. 'Cuz it's not.

I look back at my old pictures, and when I see that I was a little overweight, I don't think, "Wow, thank GOD I'm skinny now!" What I do think is, "Wow, I was a little overweight, yet I never knew it. I thought I was hot stuff and because of that, I WAS. I'm proud of myself for being confident in myself, no matter what weight I am or what size my pants are."

Now that I'm skinnier, not a whole lot has changed. I'm giving more consideration to wearing a bikini this summer, but that's about it. And just so you know, Jason met me BEFORE I lost any weight, and he was snagged from the beginning. In fact, I don't think he noticed me losing any weight, and I doubt he'd notice if I gained any.

So to all those gals out there, I say: Be confident! Be healthy! And be damn sexy, no matter what size you are!


8 Comments:

Blogger kimananda said...

Well said. And you look great in all the pictures, as I'm sure you know!

2:17 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

Hello again, I'm here with some good news and bad news about your blog...bad news first, I can't stop by for a look without playing several rounds of 'behead the penguin'. I'm an addict. Good news...the couple that stay together is the couple that beheads penguins together. Thor's addicted too, and I've discovered how romantic getting a higher score than your boyfriend, erm I mean sharing your high scores together, can be! Thanks! :-)

3:26 AM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Kimananda - "The couple that stays together, beheads penguins together." HAHAHA! I am going to remember that til the day I die.

You're not going to stop by without revealing your scores are you? And who's winning? (You or Thor?)

1:21 PM  
Blogger Chipper said...

It's nice to be able to put a face with the blogger. ;-) Great post!
Hey-behead the penguin is a bonding experience. I am sooooo adcited much to my chagrin. ;-)

5:01 PM  
Blogger KjerstenGreg said...

You are an INSPIRATION!!! I'll never cease to be amazed by the power of positive thinking. I say go for the bikini--it'll be your first year wearing one and my first year NOT being able to wear one. :D I must get serious about this diet stuff!

11:53 AM  
Blogger BrianAlt said...

Let's go orange!

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it 1993 cavalier chevrolet picture Old pocket watches mature men in speedos gang bang squnad Currency exchanging trading currency internet home business jenna jameson images mackenzie jenna jameson Daytrading pay per click sport Free video clips of gay men Baccarat france Vanbortel subaru victor ny jenna jameson peach

12:06 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home