Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy 10th Anniversary, Chris!

On this exact day 10 years ago, I met a lanky, freckle-faced redhead at an 8th grade Valentine's Day party. Ironically, I don't remember the day at all. But he does. He remember's the date, the circumstances, the fact that it was a Friday, and the corny mug he received that said "I'm too hot to handle."

However terrible I am at remembering first days, I AM rather good at remembering beginnings. Chris, darling, we've now been bestfriends for 10 years. Thank you...
  • For making me laugh every day.
  • For listening to me cry the day my first boyfriend broke up with me.
  • For listening to me cry all the other times a boy broke my heart and bluntly telling me what jerks I was dealing with
  • For telling me I'm beautiful every day...no matter how I felt or whether I agreed
  • For confirming my parents' insanity and thus keeping my sanity intact
  • For believing that I could achieve my dreams and helping with every step of the way
  • For offering your heart freely every time I was rejected =)
  • For knowing me so well that you can remind me who I am when I forget
We've been through a lot together in 10 years, haven't we? But we've always made it, a little worn, but still in one piece. Here's to another 10, 20, 30, 40 years...'til we're old and grey, but always friends, always laughing.

Thanks, Christopher. Happy 10th Anniversary! *muah*

0 Comments:

Gab At Les

<< Home