Monday, January 30, 2006

How do you know??

I've always wondered how people "know" they've found the right person. How do you know?

I was watching "Boy Meets World" today (c'mon folks, you watch it too, admit it), and Corey and Shawn had an interesting conversation. Corey was torn between two women - Topanga, his lifelong girlfriend, and Lauren, the new prospect. Problem was, Corey was attracted to both. Shawn tried to help Corey by asking him questions about each girl and then putting jellybeans on a scale to see which woman would win. But it was a tie.

Shawn: *sigh* It's a tie. It's hopeless. You like both girls. You can't live without either of them. This was a bad idea.

Corey: No...*pause* No, you're wrong. This was a good idea! I like both of them, but I
can live without Lauren. I can't live without Topanga. Thanks, Shawn, I know what I need to do now.

What an interesting thought! Maybe it's more about who you can't live without, and less about who you can live with.


Am I close?

8 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

It is definitely a case of what you can't live WITHOUT. Brad does some things that just drive.me.crazy. but I don't know what I'd do without him.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

Topanga? Like as in "Topanga Canyon" where they find all the dumped bodies? What an odd name. But insight seems to come from some of the strangest places. You are VERY close, Leslie :)

10:04 AM  
Blogger mollie said...

no matter who you live with- they are going to drive you crazy at some point. but only the person you can't live without is the type of person that you are willing to work it all out with!

just think- you could probably find at least a couple of people who wouldnt drive you completely crazy...

but that person that really makes your life sparkle?

thats the person you can't live without!

2:22 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

It's the person who you are able to deal with as a complete package. Thor often drives me completely nuts, but if I'm honest, I also like him for the things that I don't like about him. Does that make any sense at all?

4:28 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Yeah, I just can't imagine my life without him, you know? It's just hard to tell because he's my first serious bf and I have nothing else to compare to.

Does he make my life sparkle? Hm...in a goofy, insane, adorable way...yes.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

If he can make you mad enough to make you consider murder and even madder when you realise that you'd never go through with it because you'd miss him too much then you're pretty close.

10:40 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Wow Sam I think that is the best explanation EVER. You nailed it.

I think I just revealed how many times I've considered murder with Jason...

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie,

Thought I'd offer a BMW quote.

"Topanga? Sounds like a freeway exit. :)"

Sincerely,

A Stranger, looking for a quote.

7:38 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home