Monday, January 16, 2006

All is video in love and war.

My fingers are poised,
My feet are rooted in the ground.
"Die!" I cry. "Die you bastard!"
I'm smashing buttons into plastic.
Powpowpowpowpowpow
I'm jumping now
The whole room is shaking
I hear laughter behind me
"Are you gettin' 'er done, baby?"
Long arms and legs wrap around me from behind
A warm chest against my back
The smooth side of my face against his stubble
I feel safe.
Safe from all evil doers ad evil
When this knight in shining controller comes to my rescue
He's battling evil.
I'm pumping the air.
"Bring it on, sucka, bring it on!"
We understand this game
How treasure can be uncovered in the most unlikely of places
And how the fastest routes aren't always the best
How looks can be deceiving
And how the best victories are those hard fought together.
So we're ready.
Our fingers poised,
Feet rooted into the ground.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nervous said...

Aww, that's sweet!

My boyfriend has been big on video games for years - usually I just watch and cheer him on, but it's fun when we play together too. :-)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - fantastic poem. Simply brilliant!!!!

8:09 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home