Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Psycho Series 4

Yesterday Jason and I wanted to pick up a pie from a pizza parlor but since it was Sunday, we didn’t know if the place was open. I insisted he call the place and ask for the exact hours, but he called his friend instead. I claimed he went to an unreliable source and pestered him to call the parlor directly, but he refused. He didn’t talk to me all the way home and when he did, he said he was mad because I second-guessed him. I said I did no such thing. I just wanted to make sure!

Oh God. I said. I’m doing the same thing my father does to me.
She bent over, laughing. “Poor Jason,” she said.
I know. I smiled. I feel sorry for him too.

9 Comments:

Blogger Camino Writer said...

You would have been better off trying to get him to 'ask' for directions to the pizza parlor.

10:08 AM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

HAHA, I know exactly what you mean. Surprisingly, Jason is pretty good about stopping to ask for directions. (Although with his knack for getting lost, it'd be detrimental if he wasn't. I swear, he takes one step forward and gets lost.)

What would REALLY knock me off my chair is if he would actually acknowledge when he's sick AND voluntarily go to the doctor...as opposed to months of coughing and sneezing and snorting snot by his very disgusted girlfriend.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

:)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

well at least you are aware you second guessed him. Never turn into your parent. it is a no-no;)

1:43 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Yes, a sad day when I realized that I wasn't perfect. ;)

1:56 PM  
Blogger tara said...

hee hee i bet he does a really cool eye squinty thing to show his contempt when you do that

3:32 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Tara - So far, I've discovered two levels of "Jason Anger": 1) First Level. He's quiet. There is coldness in the air. He's upset, but he'll get over it. 2) Second Level. His eyes are bulging, he is shaking, and if you speak, he whispers "SHHH" a little too loudly. In other words, "If you say one more word, I will explode into angry shards that will destroy you. So SHUT UP." That's when I run for the hills and pout.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always thought it was one of those men vs women things (Why Women Can't Read Maps, etc). Men won't ask for directions, instructions or information - because it's a question of male pride!!!

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

12:24 AM  

Gab At Les

<< Home