Wednesday, July 19, 2006

No more bugs, thank the Lord.

After the undeniably bizarre bug-in-ear incident, life has calmed down to its usual swell and upheaval. (Thank goodness, too. Can you imagine something worse than a bug stuck in your ear canal, stinging you to death?)

Work has been incredibly slow this week. Fortunately I’m prepared for 95% of all crises and brought a book. Boy’s Life by Robert R. McCammon. Picked it up for free, never heard of the author, totally love it. If you love adventure, mystery, and the smell of carefree days, you will love this.

I also am the main writer for FashionCincy, an online magazine about the fashion scene in Cincinnati. (Go read some articles so you can get a taste of my style. Oh, and can you figure our which pseudonym is mine?) It’s time to write next month’s articles, so beginning tomorrow I will be interviewing owners of upscale retail stores. Is it ironic that a girl who buys dresses for $5 on consignment should be the main writer of a fashion magazine? Ironic or not, this is fun!

In other news, Maxi my chinchilla is totally NOT the shy little rodent I predicted her to be. On the contrary, she’s gotten to be quite agile, daring, and smart, with a side of crazy. She can jump a foot in the air. She scales the outer walls of her cage – her cage is 4 ft. tall. She climbs up my arm and onto my shoulder. She sits on my lap and runs down my leg. She even figured out that if you’re in a plastic ball and you need to go uphill (like, say, from hardwood to carpet), you should get a fast head start from afar. Smart smart smart. Oh, and she poops like none other. I’m thinking of nicknaming her “The Shitter”.

My roommates and I are throwing our first house party this Saturday. Come to think of it, this will be my first house party of my life. I never was the party kind in school. Too messy, too boozy, too not interesting enough to rob me of precious sleep. This party, however, will have all the fun and perks of a good party, without the craziness of obnoxious people. I will be hot, I will play Scrabble, I will win at least one game of FlipCup.

Jason finally learned that words are the fastest way to my heart. I left him sleeping on my bed Monday morning and when I returned, the bed was made and a note was sitting on it: I would have liked to see you off this morning. A goodbye kiss or something. I love you. I will call you tonight. Jason.

You mean after 500 days of the same “WHY CAN’T YOU WRITE ME A NICE NOTE OR CARD FOR ONCE” rant, you actually listened?!

Aw, honey. And to think this whole time I thought all you heard was “Blah blah blah, blah blah blah SEX, blah blah blah, blah blah blah naked.

5 Comments:

Blogger PG said...

I want a photo of Maxi!!!
Photo! Photo!Come on fellow commenters, lets force a photo out of her of Maxi!
(wtf is DOES a chinchilla look like anyway... ? I need to go google it... I thought it was a mexican dish...)
And a house party???!!! Why wasn't If invited?? Sheesh.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

sorry, I can't find you on your fashioncincy thingy.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Chipper said...

I'm with you e.e.--a photo of little Maxi would be sweet. Have a fun house party and kick some butt at FlipCup!

5:25 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

It seems I´m not alone in wanting to see photos of the chinchilla...I have th idea it looks like a ferret, and I need to prove or disprove that theory.

And I look forward to seeing if I can spot which words of fashion are yours...

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

8:10 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home