Wednesday, January 25, 2006

"Hi, my name is Leslie and I'm an addict."

I think I'm addicted to naps.

Like any other addiction, it came slowly. You never expect it and you live your whole life thinking, "Oh no, I would never get into that". But one day you wake up and you realize that with it, the world is lollipops and without it...well no one wants to be around you when you're without it.

I mean, I never napped in high school. I rarely napped in college. Naps always seemed like such a waste of time. You should only take naps when you're sick or you absolutely have nothing.to.do.

I think it started when my internship ended in December. It was winter, I was (am) unemployed, and frankly the bed always looked way more enticing than pounding the pavement in slushy jeans.

Today I am trying to stay awake the whole day. I had a good interview this morning and I came home thinking, "Okay...I can make it without the good stuff...you can do it Leslie...". But now that I'm sitting here at the computer, staring at my freelance work, and when I tried to fight off the urge to nap, I got what many addicts so often get: the shakes.

Yep, I'm clutching my desk, feeling dizzy, dreaming of the warm down blanket covering me...I'm snuggled under the blankets...I'm cozy...I'm warm...I'm...

Damn, I gotta go. Be back when I wake up.

5 Comments:

Blogger PG said...

zzzzzzzzzz

did someone say something????

10:19 PM  
Blogger kimananda said...

What a great addiction. I have always loved the idea of naps, but the only time I've ever been good at actually taking them was one short spell where I was working early in the morning, and then again until late in the evening. Then I could suddenly nap in between, but only because I was so shatteringly tired anyway (even with the naps).

I'm impressed!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Beckalicious said...

I, too, am a nap addict. Sadly, I haven't been able to take one in over a week because K doesn't want to take one in the afternoon anymore. WAAAAAAAAH!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. As a former Ohioan, I know how gray and dreary and without daylight this time of year can be. Hibernate. It's normal. I bet you get your pep back once the weather warms up. :)

8:32 PM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

What's funny is that I often write on my blog after I take a nap.

7:58 PM  

Gab At Les

<< Home